The Department of Defense recently released the Consolidated Department of Defense Coronavirus Disease 2019 Force Health Protection (FHP) Guidance document to serve as a uniform and consolidated policy for the DOD’s ongoing response to COVID-19, and to serve as a workplace safety plan DOD COVID-19 Required by Executive Order 13991, “Protecting the Federal Workforce and Require Mask Wearing,” January 20, 2021.
This memorandum consolidates and supersedes the listed FHP memoranda, complies with applicable court orders, and complies with relevant Presidential directives and directives from the Office of Management and Budget and the Workforce Security Task Force. federal.
Specifically, the guidelines consolidate, incorporate and supersede the following policy and guidelines:
- Memorandum from the Secretary of Defense, “Guidance for commanders’ risk-based responses and implementation of the health protection conditions framework during the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic”, April 29, 2021
- Secretary of Defense Memorandum, “Use of Masks and Other Public Health Measures,” February 4, 2021
- Memorandum from the Secretary of Defense, “Updated Approach Based on Coronavirus Disease 2019 Conditions, Travel and Personnel Travel Restrictions,” March 15, 2021
- Secretary of Defense Memorandum, “Way Forward for SARS-CoV-2 Testing Within the Department of Defense,” April 29, 2021
- Memorandum from the Assistant Secretary of Defense, “Updated Coronavirus Disease 2019 Guidelines for Travel and Meetings,” September 24, 2021
- Memorandum from the Assistant Secretary of Defense, “Mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for DoD Civilian Employees,” October 1, 2021
- Memorandum from the Undersecretary of Defense, “Administrative Leave for Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Department of Defense Employees,” April 14, 2021
- Memorandum from the Under Secretary of Defense, “Force Health Protection Guidance for the Novel Coronavirus,” January 30, 2020, and all supplements.
- Memorandum from the Undersecretary of Defense, “Civilian Personnel Guidance for DoD Components in the Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019,” March 8, 2020
- Memorandum from the Undersecretary of Defense, “Updated guidance for mask testing and screening for all facilities and other Department of Defense facilities,” March 1, 2022
As Federal COVID-19 guidance and requirements evolve, the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Preparedness will revise relevant portions of the document to update and quickly disseminate targeted FHP guidance to all DOD components. These updates will be in a form that may replace the pages of the consolidated guidelines that the updates replace. DOD components can, in turn, issue any additional directives necessary and, more importantly, will promptly execute actions necessary to protect Force health and preserve mission readiness.
Department of Defense Force Health Protection Guidance from Coronavirus Disease 2019 can be found here.